Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Meet Mr. Wiggles


March 1, 2006

britni - 25
Los Angeles, CA
1 son (4 mo)



Little O cracks me up. I love to watch him wiggle. He does that a lot now. I put him on his tummy so he can learn to crawl, but he flips over and ends up wiggling around like a little beetle stuck on his back. Cute. Even when I’m tired and hungry and not in the mood to laugh, he can make me smile like I just had some kool-aid.

Right now I am at work (um, not working), missing my son’s gummy little smile. Wishing I could tickle his tiny toes and hear the beginnings of his laugh.

He is so beautiful.

And I don’t just say that because he is mine. There is a light in his eyes that I wish had never dimmed from mine; so innocent, pure and playful.

I will try to protect him.

I will try to preserve his giggles for as long as I can.

4 Comments:

Blogger upwords said...

Amazing. isn't it? The light in baby eyes seems brighter than a thousand suns. You do your mama thang.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. "There is a light in his eyes I wish never dimmed from mine." Sis, I think that is why we are blessed with these gifts called children, so we can get that light back.

It's so cruicial to reflect our children's beauty back to them.

one love,
Ekere

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, those bright eyes cause amnesia and I forget every single tantrum that has ever happened and future tantrums even.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have looked at the face of this baby a thousand times and EVERY time it makes my soul light up. There is a magic there. Something perfect and rare that we must get quiet and open in order to experience. If we have, in the course of our lives, lost our magic, these angels can definately help bring it back.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home