Tuesday, February 28, 2006

a serene life

October, 2005


Ekere - 32
New York
1 Daughter - (6 mo)


Serene is a beautiful girl. She is much like I expected based on her behavior in the womb: feisty, hungry, responsive and then suddenly, unpredictably still. She makes me laugh sometimes and want to cry others. What does she need? Why she crying? Why won't she's sleep? Is her diaper wet? Why not? Where did she get that strong set of lungs from?

When she is calm and comfortable, I feel peace beyond peace. When she cries - and she does cry - it stirs something in me that I have never felt.

When I look in her face I know there's nothing I wouldn't do for her.



*Ekere writes about motherhood at www.ekeretallie.com

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel the same way about my son. isn't it amazing watching them grow and change right before your eyes?

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is how God must feel about watching flowers bloom (without all the backtalk around year 2)

10:48 AM  
Blogger upwords said...

Ekere,

I know this feeling. :) Thanks for sharing it.

Jasai,
You are so funny. That was a beautiful image too.

8:11 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

rolex watches, ugg, canada goose, thomas sabo, sac louis vuitton, moncler, pandora charms, marc jacobs, moncler, louis vuitton uk, swarovski crystal, barbour, canada goose outlet, abercrombie, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, canada goose jackets, barbour, moncler, ugg, pandora charms, louis vuitton, links of london, converse shoes, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, moncler, wedding dresses, hollister, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, supra shoes, gucci, moncler outlet, ugg, toms shoes, juicy couture, moncler, ugg boots, canada goose, pandora jewelry, canada goose uk, karen millen, air max, ray ban, coach outlet store online, converse, canada goose, sac louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, vans, sac lancel, moncler

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home