Monday, February 20, 2006

They ain't heavy, they're my babies

February 19, 2006


Julia - 51
Padsdena, CA
3 children - (33), (30), (21)
5 grandchildren -(10), (7), (4), twin boys (deceased)



My baby just turned 21 on Friday, Feb 17, and it made me take a long hard look at the years when all of my children were growing up. There have been ups and downs, as in any family; disappointment for sure, but the joys far outweighed the disappointments. I truly believe that trials and tribulations make a family stronger. Especially if your perspectives are in the right place and there is unconditional love and commitment.
I have always known that my children have been my saving grace, and no matter how bad things looked, there has never been a time when I regretted having them. Oh! I would have liked a little vacation away from them (which I took as often as possible) or to run away for the day, but for the most part I can truly say that I enjoyed raising my children. They helped to keep my priorities in order, and to realize that at this particular season of my life that it wasn’t about me, but about them.
I thank God that he has blessed me with the love, wisdom, strength and courage to be the best mother I could be in the face of my wonderful blessing. There are things that I wish I could have done differently - most definitely - but there were lessons learned, even in those things I thought were failures on my part.
My children are all very unique and different in their own rights, yet my love for them is unconditional and unwavering. They are all trotting their own paths in life, and I trust God that He will continue to work a good work in them, never give them peace in sin, and that they will love Him with all their hearts. My constant prayer is that they realize and know that “They can do all things through Christ that strengthens them”, and that He has a wonderful plan for their lives; as men and women, son and daughters, sisters and brothers, husbands and wives. I pray that they realize the value of the relationships with the people God places in their lives and to know that there is a lesson to be learned from those relationships. That they to will know the joys of being parents to the fullest.

And God has now so graciously given me 3 wonderful grandchildren to love and nurture. I know that Niem and Nasir are watching over their Nani from heaven. Thank you Lord for the brief precious moment I had with them.
I watch in amazement at the wonderful job my children are doing as parents. Their parenting skills may differ in ways, but I thank God that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the love that I gave my children continues to flow to my grandchildren, unconditionally and unwavering; it is what truly matters.

God is good

8 Comments:

Blogger upwords said...

God is good.

Yes, He is. And your testimony is proof of that. This brought tears to my eyes. This is good for those of us still in the trenches to hear. Thanks for sharing.
Mary

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything I am and aspire to be is becuase this woman daily put one foot in front of the other. On the days it was hard for her, I knew it and was even more grateful. There is nothing greater than a good mother.

Mother, you broke the mold. Future generations will forever speak your name with love.

Always,

Jasai

9:19 AM  
Blogger alucas said...

"My children are all very unique and different in their own rights, yet my love for them is unconditional and unwavering. "

This has been one of the hardest lessons for me to learn but worth the time and effort to grasp. As mothers it's imperative that we learn to look at our children as individuals, separate and different from ourselves and their siblings. I finally resorted to prayer and the horoscopes in a attempt to find out what the heck I'm dealing with. So far it's working out okay.

Thanks for sharing. This is a wonderful blog.

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom u forgot about m...But I still love u dearly because to watch both U & my moms strenght to understad now that it comes straight from the Lord i love u & God is sometimes too good to us...Schunetta Burns-Wilson

7:36 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors pas cher, nike air force, coach outlet store online, north face, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, nike air max, sac longchamp pas cher, nike blazer, oakley pas cher, new balance pas cher, nike roshe, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, air max pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, polo ralph lauren, sac guess, hollister, louboutin, ray ban pas cher, lululemon outlet online, coach outlet, true religion jeans, nike tn, mulberry, kate spade handbags, vanessa bruno, coach purses, true religion outlet, timberland, sac hermes, air max, replica handbags, air jordan, ralph lauren, nike roshe run pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, north face, hogan outlet, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, hollister, nike free, sac burberry, michael kors, air max, true religion outlet, michael kors uk, longchamp

6:41 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

rolex watches, ugg, canada goose, thomas sabo, sac louis vuitton, moncler, pandora charms, marc jacobs, moncler, louis vuitton uk, swarovski crystal, barbour, canada goose outlet, abercrombie, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, canada goose jackets, barbour, moncler, ugg, pandora charms, louis vuitton, links of london, converse shoes, juicy couture outlet, swarovski, moncler, wedding dresses, hollister, montre homme, moncler, canada goose, supra shoes, gucci, moncler outlet, ugg, toms shoes, juicy couture, moncler, ugg boots, canada goose, pandora jewelry, canada goose uk, karen millen, air max, ray ban, coach outlet store online, converse, canada goose, sac louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, vans, sac lancel, moncler

6:45 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses wholesale, chanel handbags, burberry pas cher, tory burch outlet, nike free, nike air max, nike outlet, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, jordan shoes, replica watches, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin shoes, polo outlet, jordan pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, longchamp pas cher, replica watches, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin uk, uggs on sale, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, nike free run, nike roshe, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, prada outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses

5:52 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

iphone 6s plus cases, nike trainers uk, mont blanc pens, herve leger, new balance shoes, chi flat iron, nike huaraches, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, iphone 6 plus cases, p90x workout, oakley, wedding dresses, lululemon, timberland boots, mcm handbags, louboutin, vans outlet, instyler, ralph lauren, north face outlet, hollister clothing, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, iphone 6s cases, iphone cases, mac cosmetics, babyliss, iphone 5s cases, valentino shoes, nfl jerseys, jimmy choo outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, longchamp uk, giuseppe zanotti outlet, hermes belt, iphone 6 cases, baseball bats, insanity workout, reebok outlet, s6 case, ipad cases, celine handbags, hollister, beats by dre, ghd hair, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, nike air max

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home