Tuesday, February 07, 2006

something from my blue heart


July 7, 1999


"Sara" - 23
Long Island, NY
4 children - 1 boy (3), 3 babies (unborn)

When you mourn the loss of loved ones what you are really doing is mourning your loss, pain, grief, confusion.

My babies.

Each of them comforts my soul and provides it with a kind of peace. They guard me against self contempt. When I want to scream my tears, they touch my eyes lightly; still the pulsing ache in my chest. They know that I am sorry. I do not need to confess it with words. They know me and I am glad. The procedures never took them from me. I used to wonder why I never felt great regret or guilt and it is because not having them in the physical form is my lesson to self-examine and grow. But my babies are always here; in the breeze, in the sound of rustling leaves and born children’s smiles. They encourage me to speak and be truthful and fair, to myself and to them. Their purpose is continued without the diapers, the tears, the welfare, the fear. They are still my children, helping me grow, learn, love, live, just like I promised I would for me and for them. And “Eli” watches with them. He is my one joy, manifested.




*Names have been changed at this mother's request.

5 Comments:

Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie said...

so very close to my heart is this story...

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have one joy manifested and three unborn. Thank you for your honesty.

8:10 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, air max, uggs outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, tiffany and co, gucci outlet, tiffany and co, louis vuitton handbags, replica watches, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses cheap, longchamp outlet, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, prada handbags, burberry outlet, louis vuitton outlet, burberry outlet, louboutin outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, rolex watches, louis vuitton outlet stores, ray ban sunglasses, nike shoes, air max, cheap uggs, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots clearance, longchamp handbags, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, michael kors outlet online sale, ugg outlet, oakley sunglasses, uggs, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, polo ralph lauren

6:38 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors pas cher, nike air force, coach outlet store online, north face, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, nike air max, sac longchamp pas cher, nike blazer, oakley pas cher, new balance pas cher, nike roshe, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, air max pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, polo ralph lauren, sac guess, hollister, louboutin, ray ban pas cher, lululemon outlet online, coach outlet, true religion jeans, nike tn, mulberry, kate spade handbags, vanessa bruno, coach purses, true religion outlet, timberland, sac hermes, air max, replica handbags, air jordan, ralph lauren, nike roshe run pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, north face, hogan outlet, michael kors outlet, vans pas cher, hollister, nike free, sac burberry, michael kors, air max, true religion outlet, michael kors uk, longchamp

6:40 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

oakley sunglasses wholesale, chanel handbags, burberry pas cher, tory burch outlet, nike free, nike air max, nike outlet, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, ugg boots, jordan shoes, replica watches, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin shoes, polo outlet, jordan pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, longchamp pas cher, replica watches, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin uk, uggs on sale, prada handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany jewelry, nike free run, nike roshe, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, prada outlet, polo ralph lauren, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home