Monday, February 13, 2006

Contemplating motherhood



February 9, 2006


Wanama - 31
TX
4 Children - 3 Sons (8), (6) and (2)
and hopefully a girl (in progress)


On being a mama, I asked God this morning what is it all about. I have three boys, Isaiah 8, Jalen 6, Zachary 2 and I have one on the way - a girl for sure. As I’ve gone through this pregnancy I say to myself, “What is it all about?” God says, I have been chosen to bear the future. My job is to nurture and love them as he has nurtured and loved me.
I realize now, that my children do not belong to me; I am a steward over them. They belong to God. It is he who decides what path they will ultimately take in life. My job is to direct them in the best way that I can - in the things of God - and pray that they do not lose their way; and if they do, that they will come back. This gave me some relief and perspective on motherhood. In the day to day hustle, just stopping and thinking for a moment why I chose to be a mother. I consider it a privilege to be called mommy, no matter how many times I hear it in a day. It has become music to my ears.