Monday, March 20, 2006

Mama Lesson #1,3206



March 1, 2006

Lisa – 30
Loganville, GA
4 Children- 3 Girls (11) (4) (18 Mo) 1 Boy (5)

We've had some beautiful weather lately and the kids have enjoyed every minute of it. I remember as a kid I used to love playing outside. I was a little 'tomboy', that's what I was called. I used to climb trees and fences. I would play basketball and touch football because growing up in Brooklyn we didn't have much grass to play in. I used to love racing. We would do relay racing and one on one racing and some how I would always win or be one of the best.

It's funny, that's how I like to look at my life today. Win or be one of the best in everything I do. With so much to do I've been wondering lately on how can I be the best at it all. How can I always win?

Today however I realized that I can't always win and be the best. I realized that I can just be my best.

Mothering-Absolutely the most rewarding job there is, although I may not see those
rewards until years and years and years later. For now I at times feel unappreciated and even over-looked. Yet, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Home Schooling-Courage, courage, and more courage. I don't think the question of "are they getting all that they need"? ever goes away, but experience tells me they must be because they surprise me all the time with how much they know.
Home Based Business-Now there's a challenge that I still haven't been able to figure out how I even fit it in. I've learned to do what I can and just keep moving.
Keep Moving!

8 Comments:

Blogger upwords said...

Sometimes you win by losing. You're doing great. Keep courage on the homeschooling. I'm sure they're fine. Mine always learned things I wasn't even trying to teach. :)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I home-schooled my daughter when she had medical problems as a youngster and she always impressed me with what she picked up without me even trying. Kids... They amaze you like that. Smiles.

I agree with upwords...you seem to be doing a wonderful job. Don't fear..the appreciation comes when they get much older. Youth is truly wasted on the young.

Idrissa

4:59 AM  
Blogger Lisa R Charles said...

Thank you for the encouragement. I will keep moving forward and always remember why I do what I do.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're doing a great job! keep it up. sometimes i wonder how will i be able to manage it all, and yet i do.

keep on pushing, sis.

9:23 AM  
Blogger A Girl Again said...

I JUST had this conversation with my husband!

I think we have to know that we will not know exactly how we did [as parents] until the end. But I can bet if we do our best, correct the wheel if it starts veering off track, apologize when we're wrong and insist when we're right, the end will be beautiful and more than justify up for the means.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's what a woman told me when i had the same nagging doubts about if my child was learning everything she needed when we were homeschooling.

she said, "don't worry. from birth til puberty children are wired to learn. you can't stop 'em. from puberty on.. they're wired to mate."

well, that's a different worry!

9:52 AM  
Blogger A Girl Again said...

That's GOOD Janine! I agree. and as to that last point, let's pray that they have learned enough to hold back the tide until their like....30!

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Suzuki king quad manuals buy allegra where Color fronts dishwashers Amateur teen nudist Manhattan male breast surgery pregnant on clomid ovulation Canada+from+zyban Free hot swimwear screen saver Download microsoft pop up block buy ionamin amnesty for lebanese ex warlord football website frontpage Does wellbutrin excite or inflame the nervous system Mazda b3000 trucks for sale in east tn Slaughter equation for body fat Tiger paws tires rocky mount liposuction Vpscash mature 02 014 can you split a 500 mg levaquin Drug rep pen paper clip dispenser zithromax metal

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home