Sunday, May 14, 2006

Something special (and funny) for Mother's Day

On Friday May 12, upon picking my five-year-old daughter up from her preschool, I received the following Mother's Day card:

FRONT:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!!!!

We only have one Mom, one Mommy, one Mother in this world.
Don't wait for tomorrow, tell her you love her today.



INSIDE LEFT:

This is what my mommy looks like:














(the teachers asked the children to cut a photo from a magazine of what their mother looks like...I'm sure this choice has more to do with the number of times we have watched Brown Sugar than any actual resemblance on my part to Ms. Lathan, but I could have done worse.)

INSIDE RIGHT:

One thing I like about my mommy's food is....
"Her Macaroni and cheese."

One thing I like about my mommy's hair is...
"That it is black and she braids it."

I love my mommy because....
"She is smart and decent."


DECENT???!!!! (*note above that my daughter is five)

How hilarious and gracious (and observant if I do say so myself)!

I hope your Mother's Day was as filled with joy, gratitude and fun as mine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Soulfull said...

Aww, this was sooo cute! :)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Trula said...

This was really touching to read. Your daughter is too sweet!

'decent' LOL

On another note, Sanaa Lathan is gorgeous, not a bad celebrity to look like, at all!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Sanaa is a beautiful lady.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home