Friday, January 05, 2007

One hundred (or so) things I love

Jasai -31
Los Angeles, CA
2 chilren - 1 boy (11), 1 girl (5)






the smell of Jasmine . baby powder mist . salad w/spinach leaves . Sissy Lou . The Boy . skirts . forehead kisses . short stories . facials . bubble baths . red seedless grapes . yoga . chai latte w/ foam and whip . my mom . lying on grass in warm shade . the beach . traveling . cooking . intimate conversation . writing letters . a boy named Alex . sea salt . picture frames . buddhadharma . having my feet rubbed . deep breathing . soft soil . driving across country . dining out . sleeping in . reading . singing . interesting men . strawberries . discovering new neighborhoods . dancing . taking long walks . touring new homes . stretching . being touched . laughing . listening to stories . sitting in Rituals . going to the spa . museums . water colors . mysterious men . eccentric women . lectures . Tavis Smiley . Cornell West . Ira Glass . church choirs . Easter Sunday . Black families . Soul music . Range Rovers . cream cheese brownies . fishnet stockings . beautiful jewelry . private spaces . big mamas . hammocks . places of worship . chanting . women in hijab . silence . me . freedom . peace . men who write . Nights in NY hotel bars . baby girls . rebellious women . teachers . carnivals . French baguettes w/ real butter . farms . laundry on the clothesline . days to myself . fresh produce . Louisiana Faire . mojitos . live music . white beards . Black love . crying softly . my pale yellow bench . marriage . daydreaming . old flame memories . art . brightly painted walls . weddings . graham crackers and milk . new experiences . future prospects . the word "circumvent" . smiles . naked bodies . fish . learning . my pregnant body.





*I realized recently that I want to have another baby. OMG! .....smile honey :o)

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quite a list! It appears we have a lot in common - especially the love of the black family. My only thing is that I would freak out if my wife told me she wanted another child. She was breathtaking when she was pregnant, so beatiful. But I have memories and pictures, and those will have to do!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would freak out? No way!

I have been over to your cyber spot and it looks like you only have one son. You have to have more; he's so adorable. And his skill with the remix could be legendary.

You said it yourself, "She is breathtaking..." Go ahead, give it another whirl!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Absolutely beautiful! I need to start visiting here more often. :)

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how the desire for a baby, another baby, just grabs hold and not let you go! As if one is predestined to bring this 'life' into the world.
Go for it and good luck!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love so many of those things too.

I am 53 years old. And I have one daughter. She is 27 years old. I was a single parent. I am now semi-retired and am finally living my dream life as a freelance writer.

Know what? I still want to have another baby. LOL

Does it ever leave you? I don't think so.

Pregnancy was one of the happiest times of my life. And havng a newborn infant was so wonderful. All of the babies born in my family now...get spoiled rotten by me, my mother and my sisters.

We are on the fourth generation. My brother's oldest daughter just had her second son three weeks ago and I could not wait to get to her house to hold that baby.

Yes; The Black Family is one of the most important units in the world today.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Idrissa: I agree. I don't think the desire to "birth" again ever really leaves you. Of all the things I've experienced in life, pregnancy was, hands down, the most magical, complete, and fulfilling experience of all. I had a wonderful, Jamaican-American woman doctor whose tender hands seemed created to usher babies into the world. If there were a "next time around" for me, I would love to experience it with a midwife, in a home-based setting, with a warm fire in the distance, soft music, and the sounds of my children in the other room.

Cheers, J, to whatever your heart so desires!

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lord Idrissa!

Please do not tell me THIS pining doesn't go away. I can not be 50+ thinking about babies. This man will flee the country.

I was in the store today looking at bottles and baby paraphenalia thinking..."What am I thinking?" But it's like needing to take a healthy cleansing breath, If I don't do it, I fear I'll die! (well not really, but you know what I mean)

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angel,

Hey mama. I love and miss you. I hope your holiday's were beautiful and your new year bright thus far.

xoxo,

jasai

7:38 PM  
Blogger Liz Dwyer said...

I love your list.

You make me think that I wish I could have a chai and get my feet rubbed right this second. And, I'm going through wanting another baby too...except I don't know where he or she would sleep in our apartment.

3:46 AM  
Blogger ebonyblue said...

I loved reading your list. Made me think of some things that I really love.
If ever there was a wrong time in my life to be pregnant it is now, but I want this baby I'm carrying. I always said I was done (I have 4 already!), but the second I realized I could think of nothing I wanted more.

It is so good to see you back. You were missed.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Liz,

I know the apartment dilemma well.

Ebony,

It is good to see you. I hope your New Year is going well. Congrats on the new baby. I am saying a prayer for you and the fam.

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say that although I enjoyed my one and only pregnancy immensely and I do enjoy my beautiful twin daughters and the life we have together, I am not trying to experience again all of the various stages between pregnancy and the age of my girls now (11 years old).

The stages we are at now,(me as a parent, and the girls as soon to be teens, is exciting enough, without the added drama of pregnancy and little babies. I love little babies, but I had my fill of them when I got two at one time. That was more than enough for a lifetime.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can say that I approve of with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=a-z zune video converter 3.25 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have not used. Or you profit by the dreary methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

10:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

sfaasf

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home